Wednesday, April 29, 2015

NaPoWriMo 2015: Day 29

#29: ACHIEVEMENT UNLUCKED, I MEAN, UNLOCKED

Nail scissors: check
Comb: check
Razor blade: check
Mirror: check
Now all I need is some courage
(And more Luck than Lady).
How the devil do you use the razor
On something as fragile as an eyebrow?
One stray scrape too much
And voila! Bald patch!

All right, all right, I’m procrastinating.
Let’s see (scrape scrape scrape)
Don’t press too hard on skin
The packaging reads.
Oh, I’m nowhere NEAR pressing hard.
Damn it, there goes one hair I needed –
Ah to blazes with it
That’s what eyebrow pencils are for.

Shape, shape, shape –
Dubious, but Fate can only be tempted so far.
All right, trimming time.
So that’s why nail scissors are curved like so
(Comb stray hairs up and trim, they say
Oh hell was that a chunk too much?)

Amazingly, it’s not overly terrible –
That left side  will forever be a pain
And – huzzah! - I still have eyebrows.

No comments: