Friday, April 08, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016: Day 7 - Trinita for a New York Spring

My sister-in-law and I went to a wreath-making workshop at Bryant Park. On the way home, our flowers garnered some surprising attention, so I thought I'd try and write about it in trinita form. Hoooo boy. What an experience. I need more practice.

#7: Trinita for a New York Spring
Prompt: Write a trinita

Making spring wreaths in Bryant Park, the flowers
A spark of colour against winter greys and browns. It's cold.
Every table, wreaths adorn heads, colours bright as these smiles.

Shake Shack, Grand Central Station. The server smiles
When she sees our wreaths. She blossoms, like spring underground, like flowers.
'You made those? They're beautiful!' We order frozen custard. Sweet. Cold.

On the platform I wear my wreath. Draw my hood against the cold.
Train's in. People stream out the doors. A tall bearded man smiles
As he hurries past. 'Those look beautiful.' He gestures at our flowers.

Spring rides the train with us, wreathed in flowers, smiles sharp as the cold night.

No comments: