Friday, April 29, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016: Day 28 - Nevermore, Neverland

Many years ago in college, I wrote a rather twisted little story in which Tinkerbell, driven mad by her jealousy of Wendy, decides that the only way to keep Peter Pan from her is to kill him - and in doing so, destroys Neverland forever. I don't know why I thought this was worthy of revisiting, but here it is.

#28: Nevermore, Neverland
Prompt: Tell a story in a poem, but backwards

Neverland is falling down, falling down.
Peter Pan is dying, dying
I watch him bleed as the sun turns dark
He'll love me, love me forever now.
He'll never leave me any more
Light as a feather, he fell with no sound.
A knife, a twist, he felt no pain

You can't leave Neverland. I won't let you.
I'm your Tinkerbell.
Stay, my Peter, stay with me.
Don't think of her now, you mustn't grow up
She's flown, she's flown and she won't come back
My darling, I won't let the Wendy-Bird take you away.
The Lost Boys said you want to leave.

No comments: