Monday, April 04, 2016

NaPoWriMo 2016: Day 3 - Packing for the Journey

#3: PACKING FOR THE JOURNEY

I’ve condensed my life into 2’x2.5’ of suitcase
And now I’m condensing that some more:
Throwing out indulgences and extras
Keeping only essentials: clothes, music scores
Calligraphy pens, travel journal, gifts
Jewellery talismans, toiletries, books
Just like you condensed me, a lifetime ago
Kept only what you could make of me
And discarded the rest as immaterial.
A universe of hopes, fears, and dreams
Wider than the sum of the cosmos
Smaller than the tiniest of atoms
All neatly packed and ready to go.
This time I’m taking all of me:
The woman I’m becoming, bags and baggage
Dreams I left behind for fear you would leave.
You did anyway. I survived. Thrived.


Adventure beckons. Here I come.


No comments: