Saturday, October 28, 2006

Sunrise, Sunrise

...looks like morning in your eyes
But the clock's held nine-fifteen for hours...


Ahh, Nora Jones. It's been a long, long day interspersed with medical drama of the Not Good Kind. Had to chase my housemate off to a doctor with her father in case he had gangrene after a motorbike ran over his foot some days ago. Am hoping and praying everything's gonna be just fine; situation's complicated enough as is without more fuel chucked onto it.

So, just because we've really needed an angel, this is in honour of that. It's an old piece done as a commission three years ago; the client specified 'black and white and sort of unfinished'. Watercolour, colour pencils, ink and a wee bit of crayons.



Sometimes, strange places have strange angels unawares.

...Man I'm tired. I think I need to go to sleep soon and put the sketching ideas on hold for now.

13 comments:

Rafael Arjona said...

A mysterious but beautiful angel

Marcos Mateu said...

It looks like you could have your own comic book series with all these things happening to you these days!

Elegant figure by the way and, I certainly hope your friend's father is Ok!

Shuku said...

Rafael, thank you, both for the encouraging comment and the visit!

Marcos, I wouldn't wish all that kitchen sewage and drama onto anyone even in a comic book series! (Imagine drawing that, it'd be just too awful for words...) Yes, my friend's father is still in hospital but he is recovering, thank heavens for that. Thank you for the good wishes!

Alexiev said...

Great illustration...

Shuku said...

Alexiev, thank you for the comment and the visit!

constance wong said...

hey :) I'm always glad to 'meet' another fellow Malaysian here and another IF contributer as well! I think your works are really good.

A said...

beautiful dibujos.

Fito said...

En esta ilustraciĆ³n se aprecia cierto estilo de diseƱo de modas, muy bueno, bien lograda las transparencias, tu mensaje en mi blog lamentablemente se borro junto a la imagen ya que tuve que ponerla de nuevo, saludos desde Venezuela

Fito said...

what time is it in Malasia now, sorry my inglish is very poor.

Shuku said...

Adolfo, 3am! Yes I should be going to bed but I was finishing a project sketch...and no worries re: English, -I- can't understand Spanish so you are one better than me!

--Shuku

Armand Serrano said...

I'm glad to hear that your housemate's father is recovering. You have a very interesting concept design for an angel here - something different and refreshing.
Good one, Shuku!

Shuku said...

Armand, thanks! It was a fun piece to do, except I was so scared of ruining the entire thing I went v-e-e-e-ery slowly. Took about two weeks to finish.

Constance, one day we might need to get together and sketchcrawl! That'd be fun!

Altamira, thank you ever so! Your own work, it's -lovely-.

Mauricio said...

Hello from Brazil!

I read yor comment in the blog of Constance, you have a wonderfull work!

Congratulations