Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rockin' Chicks

I don't know about other girls, but I loved Susie Derkins. She was Calvin's arch-nemesis - well, at least HE called her an arch nemesis, she always had a witty retort ready and she always creamed him but -good- whenever he hit her with snowballs. What isn't there to like?

This is one of the many, many reasons I love Susie. This + colour scheme in strip + weird brain = the Susie Derkins Earrings:


Susie Derkins: 22ga copper wire, pink-dyed mother-of-pearl beads, Czech glass beads, Patton's 'Willow' yarn, dyed shell discs, hand-hammered 22ga earwires.




Here's to rockin' chicks with attitude!

5 comments:

Deryn Mentock said...

You could include yourself in with the "rockin chicks with attitude!" Love your Susie earrings.

Mystic Indigo said...

Those are so cool....I love the fabric bead too...

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

These are awesome! Glad you got out of you creative slump!

Swati said...

You are ROCKING girl!!! Each time I come to your blog I get this BIG grin on my face! LOL!

Shuku said...

Deryn: Thanks so much! I loooove Susie; she was my hero in college.

Stacie: Thanks! The fabric bead is an experiment since I was curious...I think I may have to do it again because I like it immensely.

Tammy: Thank you so much! I am SO GLAD I got out of it too, it was starting to make me all manner of worried.

Swati: Awww, now you're making me blush! I'm glad you grin though, it means I can make someone smile which is a good thing!