Thursday, April 27, 2006

Innocent Victim Deathness, Oh Yez Oh Yez

I've been trying very hard to do any amount of drawing at all in the past few weeks. Given that I costumed an Easter play, that just didn't happen unless you count the rough sketches I did for design purposes.

This, while not an EDM challenge, was a rather difficult personal one on quite a few levels. Mostly because I don't do 'realistic' sorts of inking very often (even this one was done with a picture reference in front of me) and also because the female was a shot at drawing without a model. That, and it's linework which I haven't done in a while.

Inspiration for it was a discussion with a few friends, and the consensus was that if I were ever a comic book character, I'd turn out to be either a) the woman who cornrows and zigzag braids Destruction of the Endless' hair with shiny, glittery colourful beads or b) the utterly persistent, terrifying, pestilential person who puts John Constantine of Hellblazer fame in a pink My Little Pony trenchcoat --and somehow lives.

Apologies John, it just had to be done.

This is what happens when I'm really sleep deprived.

1 comment:

Laura said...

*simply cackles*