Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Candle, Candle, In the Night

Somehow, Mr. Murphy of Murphy's Law fame always finds me just when I think life will be a -bit- more settled...

One of the things he sent along last week was a blackout that lasted about an hour in weather that could easily steam wrinkles out a shirt, humidity-wise. Not that the heat was far behind either.

So I decided to be productive, as I've been artistically -barren- for a few weeks and that always puts me in a bad, bad mood. Or at least as productive as weather a fish wouldn't feel out of place in would allow. And that's the thumbnail below:


Lamps

We had a candle on the glass table outside; the reflection was too good to pass up. Now if only I could remember my exposures from film class...

6 comments:

Marcos Mateu said...

Nice. I can feel the movement of the flame up and down, right and left.

("steam wrinkles out of a shirt?" you are funny!)

Laura said...

Pretty! But feh on that weather with no power.

Anonymous said...

oh shuku! I really think this is quite poetic!

hey shuku, thank you so much for the encouragements....I really appreciate it dear friend! Hugs! hey, is your next show sometime in August? Do let me know the actual date ya!

Alexiev said...

Good blog... and image...

Best regards... Saludos desde Buenos Aires...

http://www.alexiev.com.ar

Anonymous said...

We're steamy here in Chicago this week, too -- my sympathies. At least I have fresh-grown tomatoes to console me; I'd send you some, but I doubt they'd get there in edible shape. :->

Noelle said...

awww.... so pretty! Why are flames so mesmerizing?