Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Jasmine Drops and Oceans Deep

I've been asked for a while to post what I've been working on this week so, Swati, Mei, here's your wish! I'm especially pleased because after 8 or 9 tries I finally managed my first pair of hammered hoop earrings, complete with detachable charms. Thank you sooo much for the tips Swati, they helped tremendously!


==
Rain. Steady, impervious, falling to earth, breaking into a million tiny droplets on the old, old stones of the temple.

"Do you believe in forever?" she asked, arms folded around her knees as she huddled on the steps for shelter. He started to answer, then stopped, watching the interplay of sunlight and rain on the gnarled jasmine tree beside them. Reaching out, he let the falling blossoms catch on his work-roughened hands, then held them out to her like an offering.


Jasmine Drops: Vintage lucite bellflowers, Chinese olivine faceted crystals, brass beadcaps.


I want to spread my wings --but I just can't fly
And like a string of pearls
Pretty girls go sailing by...
Ocean deep --I'm so afraid to show my feelings
I have sailed a million seas
Solitary room...

--'Ocean Deep', Cliff Richard


Ocean Deep: 22ga Argentium silver, top-drilled blue-gray cultured pearls.

6 comments:

Mei Tan said...

Very nice! I like both of them :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Tammy's Treasure Chest said...

The hoops turned out great! I have a hard time with getting them round.
I love the writing and the jasmine drops, too!

Stacie Florer said...

Great job! Keep at it...jewelry is a great way to discover yourself in art!!!

Life for Beginners said...

The earrings are beautiful, and the vignette too. Very atmospheric. I can hear the rain, smell the jasmine. :)

Swati said...

They're both absolutely beautiful Shuku!!