Friday, April 04, 2008

South Pacific Deep Blue Seas

A spectacular wireworking disaster with an attempted sculptural pendant last week left me with a pewter bowlful of twisted wires and unfinished frames after three hours of total disgust and non-productivity. Last night, being a masochist, I fished one of the mangled frames out, bent things around a bit, and decided it just might be workable. Until I mucked up the wire-wrapping.

So I took it to the steel chasing block and hammered it to death in the hopes of improving it, and this was the result:





It wound up being called South Pacific, because of the colour of the mother-of-pearl shells I was using.

And of course, I just had to have a matching set of earrings and ring to go with, because I'm that sort of weird chick:





Forgive the lousy pictures. My brain's slightly dead from lack of sleep, as I went to bed around 4am finishing all this up. Why? *Everybody chimes in* I'm Insane. And I hate leaving pieces unfinished.

Now I go fall flat on my face and have chocolate.

The sketches from Langkawi WILL come eventually.

5 comments:

Mei Tan said...

Shuku, I like the pendant. It is very nice although you are not very happy with it. Love the color.

constance wong said...

there you go again shuku :) sleeping too 'early'! I really admire your energy and your will power to see things through and I am very sure, you'll reap wonderful harvest with such talent and determination!

I've been getting some things organised since I quit and i'm still in the midst of it...the unavoided delays in different areas are making me rather anxious now :D

Shuku, when will your next performance be? Do keep me posted on those ya :)

Ps: Hey, your new blog-header is really cool!

Juampa said...

Hi Shuku!!

All your stuff is amazing! I love it!
let me show you the blog of a friend of mine that maybe interests you!

http://tanasitra.blogspot.com/


Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Random comment: Be Thou My Vision is in E flat Major in our hymnal.

Anonymous said...

Love the new site banner!