Saturday, August 05, 2006

Plots, Pirates and Pandenomium, Whee!

I have Pirates of the Caribbean 2 in my head and it won't go away. Mostly it's the soundtrack (which, incidentally, I find -excellently- mixed - there's a depth of sound to it I rarely find on recordings of orchestral music). I'm always a fan of great music, really - I haven't found much to sit up and go OOOH over for a while that ways though, and this soundtrack does just that. It's worth listening to, certainly.

I don't write fanfiction either - not my thing - but I did wind up writing a piece to amuse a friend. It's set in the Pirates universe of course, and if apple branches, crows' nests and taking rum hostage sound like the quirks of a deranged brain, you'd be absolutely right. It's my trademark. I deal in Strange Brains, after all.

That being said and done, I actually have found time to sit down and sketch again, albeit scribbles here and there.

Meet Beldame Constantine Kante, when she's not in the John Constantine universe. She's a private investigator who has a penchant for seeing Strange Things and the Supernatural, and has a partner named Dominic 'Nic' O'Reilly - who just happens to be a werewolf.



I TOLD YOU shooting my partner would make me CRANKY and you WOULDN'T LISTEN WOULD YOU!

Yes, she's generally cranky all the time. And yes, her name IS Beldame - the hag. She, obviously, is not. There's a story behind that, but that's a whole other story in itself. I may ink her tonight; I'm nervy about that because I happen to like the sketch and ruining it -while- inking is not my idea of a good night, no indeed.

Maybe tonight I'll have time to sketch Tierre and Olna Rosetta, the Pirates of the Stealthy Starfish What Roams By Starlight. (There's a story to THAT too.)

And Az! Thanks for stopping by! Definitely going to try to get to one of your shows in August for sure.

No comments: